Vehicle Parts and Accessories Safety Regulations
This course provides you with a thorough understanding of the minimum safety requirements for commercial motor vehicles. Master compliance, identify safety standards, and elevate your knowledge to ensure safe and efficient operation. Get started now!
- Overview of FMCSR - 49 CFR 393
- Finish the course in under 3 hours
- 0.3 CEUs awarded upon course completion
- Designed for all motor carrier personnel
100% Online At Your Own Pace
In compliance with FMCSA 49 CFR regulations
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
This course, developed in conjunction with the experts from the Transportation Safety Institute (TSI) of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), outlines the minimum parts and accessories on a commercial motor vehicle required for safe operation.
This course is intended for all motor carrier personnel associated with their company's mechanical and safety programs, including:
- Operators of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs)
- Safety Directors
- Safety Supervisors
- Human Resources (HR) personnel
- Safety Compliance personnel
- Maintenance personnel.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the minimum applicability requirements, and the minimum safety requirements for lamps, reflective sheeting, turn signals, wiring, and batteries on commercial motor vehicles (CMVs)
- Identify the minimum safety requirements for windshields, mirrors, horns, speedometers, emergency equipment, fuel systems, and exhaust systems on CMVs
- Recognize the minimum safety requirements for suspension systems, steering systems, frames, tires, and wheels on CMVs
- Identify the minimum safety requirements for brakes and coupling devices on CMVs
- Recognize the minimum safety requirements for cargo securement on CMVs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.