SST 4-Hour Fall Prevention
Learn the risks of falls, preventive measures, and OSHA's guidelines for fall protection. Register today! This course is provided through 360training, an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings. Provider ID Number: 4T02
- New York City Site Safety Compliant – Approval: #SST-B305
- Created for individuals in the construction industry
- State-of-the-art, dynamic course design
- Engaging games and quizzes to motivate users
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
The leading cause of death in the construction industry is falls, accounting for one in three fatalities. This course reviews OSHA's Fall Protection in Construction standard, outlining the regulations and their rationale. Gain a complete understanding of fall hazards and preventive measures.
After successfully completing this course, you'll receive an immediate certificate of completion.
NOTE: This training is an AWARENESS level course and doesn't provide additional qualifications or authorizations beyond the Site Safety Training Card.
Employers must provide training to workers on managing fall hazards related to their duties, covering the correct usage, limitations, and maintenance of controls for fall hazards. This training includes instruction on various equipment, including personal fall arrest systems, retractable lifelines, vertical lifelines, scaffolds, and ladders.
- Fall Prevention
- Fall Protection Plan and Training
- Types of Fall Protection-Passive Systems
- Elements of Fall Protection Systems
- Steel Structural Assembly Standards
- Hole Covers
- Rules for Stairways
- Rules for Ladders
- Construction of Scaffolds
- Warning and Marking System
- Other Areas that Require Fall Protection
- Sidewalk Sheds
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS)
What You’ll Learn
- Define terms associated with falls in construction.
- Recognize, avoid, and prevent falls hazards.
- Describe regulatory safety requirements associated with falls, including OSHA’s Subpart M.
- Make informed decisions when working at heights.
- Illustrate statistics of fatal falls as the most common cause of death in construction.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.