SST 2-Hour Tool Box Talks Training
Explore the impact of Toolbox Talks on construction site safety with this 2-hour NYC SST course. Enroll now and earn SST Supervisor credit! This course is provided through 360training, an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings. Provider ID Number: 4T02
- New York City Site Safety Compliant – Approval: #SST-B304
- Eligible for SST Supervisor card credit
- Finish the course in just 2 hours
- Includes free digital certificate
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Toolbox Talks are casual safety meetings in construction, often centered on a specific safety topic. It's also known as a Topical Safety Meeting and aims to support an employer's training program while fostering a safety-conscious culture. During these talks, workers discuss a specific safety aspect or hazard related to their work, promoting brief and focused conversations to improve safety understanding and contribute to a safer workplace.
During this training, you'll gain insights into the principles and reasons behind conducting Toolbox Talks. You’ll also receive guidance on various topics covering crucial safety roles within construction sites and highlighting OSHA's Focus Four hazards.
Completion of this course is mandatory to obtain or renew a 62-hour Site Safety Training (SST) Supervisor card.
Upon completing lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a minimum 75% score, receive an immediate certificate of completion. Three attempts are given for passing the final.
NYC SST courses are provided in partnership with 360training. Provider ID Number: 4T02
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]
- Toolbox Talk Basics
- Sample Toolbox Talk Topics— Construction Focus Four- Electrical Hazards
- Construction Focus Four— Struck by Hazards
- Construction Focus Four— Caught-in-or-between Hazards
- Construction Focus Four— Fall Protection
- Training Principles for Delivery Effective Safety Toolbox Talks
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize Toolbox Talks as a quick and easy way for competent individuals to reinforce and supplement established training efforts, to keep the safety and health compliance at the forefront.
- Heighten trainees’ awareness of the need for effective toolbox talks.
- Demonstrate how to obtain feedback from workers when providing toolbox talks so the talks can become more relevant to what tasks the workers are performing.
- Identify how effective toolbox talks can increase camaraderie, communication and overall jobsite culture.
- Understand the roles of workers on the construction site.
- Determine the most effective way to control a hazard on a construction site.
- Identify the 4 most common hazards on a construction site.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.