SST 2-Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness
Learn to recognize drug and alcohol abuse on construction sites with our online course. Develop effective substance abuse policies. Enroll today!
This course is provided through 360training, an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings. Provider ID Number: 4T02
- New York City Site Safety Compliant – Approval: #SST-B302
- Earn 2 SST card credit hours
- State-of-the-art course structure
- Digital completion certificate included
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Drug and alcohol use in the workplace poses serious risks to both individuals and overall safety. Impaired individuals are more prone to accidents, resulting in injuries to themselves and others around them. Training can help educate employees about the risks and consequences of drug and alcohol use to maintain a safe and compliant work environment.
Our course contains a comprehensive overview of various drugs and their effects, the impact of alcohol on the body, the risks associated with mixing drugs, including over-the-counter medications, with alcohol, and measures for preventing and controlling drug use and alcohol consumption at the workplace. Additionally, resources are provided for employees seeking assistance for themselves or their loved ones dealing with drug and alcohol abuse.
NOTE: We are currently offering NYC SST courses in English only. If you need to take NYC SST courses in a language other than English; please click here to see the list of Department-approved Course Providers.
NYC SST courses are provided in partnership with 360training. Provider ID Number: 4T02
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]
- Effects of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Substance dependency and prevention
- Impairment in the workplace
- Effects of drugs on the human body
- Alcohol and drug statistics
- Adverse synergistic use of drugs and alcohol
- Support departments and organizations
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the adverse effect of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Recognize problems associated with substance dependency and prevention.
- Identify the stigma of dependence disorders and illicit use of drugs.
- Describe drug use, impairment at the workplace, and risks associated with it.
- Define the impact and effects of drug and alcohol use on construction sites.
- Explain the effects of various drugs on the human body.
- Restate statistics related to alcohol and drug’s impact on the human body, its prevention, and control.
- Describe the adverse synergistic use of drugs with alcohol.
- Identify the important departments and organizations that can be called for help.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.