SST 1-Hour Protection from Sun Exposure
Learn about the dangers of heat-related illnesses and how to avoid them with this online course. Earn credit for your SST card by enrolling today!This course is provided through 360training, an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings. Provider ID Number: 4T02
- New York City Site Safety Compliant – Approval: #SST-B108
- Obtain 1 hour of SST card credit
- Modern instructional design
- Instantly receive completion certificate
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Heat-related illnesses (HRIs) are health conditions caused by exposure to high temperatures and heat. These illnesses can range from mild to severe and, if not addressed promptly, can lead to serious health consequences, including death.
In this course, you'll learn about the risks of heat exposure and working in hot environments. You will also discover HRIs and how to protect yourself from heat stress. We'll cover factors that can increase your personal risk of HRIs, how to recognize symptoms, and what steps to take. You'll also understand your employer’s responsibilities for HRI Action Plans and Emergency Action Plans.
You will earn 1 hour of general elective credit toward earning or renewing your Site Safety Training (SST) card upon completion of this course.
Upon completing lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a minimum 75% score, receive an immediate certificate of completion. Three attempts are given for passing the final.
Note that THIS TRAINING IS AWARENESS-LEVEL ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
Your employer MUST provide site-specific Heat-Related Illness Prevention and Emergency Action Plans training.
NYC SST courses are provided in partnership with 360training. Provider ID Number: 4T02
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]
- What makes heat and sun exposure so dangerous?
- Symptoms and Remedies for Heat-Related Illnesses (HRI)
- Factors that Increase Your Risk
- Employer Responsibilities for Hazard Controls
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the personal and environmental factors that increase the risk of heat-related illnesses (HRIs).
- Recognize the different types of HRIs.
- Describe the appropriate first aid response for each HRI.
- List methods for preventing or reducing symptoms of heat exposure.
- Explain how ultraviolet (UV) rays affect skin cells and how unprotected exposure can lead to skin cancer.
- Recall controls employers must have in place to protect workers from heat exposure.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.