SST 1-Hour Job Hazard Analysis
This course explores the importance of conducting a job hazard analysis on a job site. Get started today and earn SST card credit! This course is provided through 360training, an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings. Provider ID Number: 4T02
- New York City Site Safety Compliant – Approval: #SST-B209
- Earn 1 hour of SST card credit
- Dynamic, lively instructional experience
- Instantly receive completion certificate
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
At construction sites, different tasks are often done at the same time in a small space. This busy work environment is always changing, and workers can often face risks like falls, machinery injuries, and electrocutions.
A Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) is a key part of a Health and Safety Program that aims to address these risks at an organizational level, preventing injuries. This course explains why conducting a JHA is important, looking at the relationship between the worker, task, tools, and environment. It also covers how to assess hazards and monitor the effectiveness of a JHA.
You will earn 1 hour of general elective credit toward earning or renewing your Site Safety Training (SST) card upon completion of this course.
Upon completing lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a minimum 75% score, receive an immediate certificate of completion. Three attempts are given for passing the final.
Note that THIS TRAINING IS AWARENESS-LEVEL ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card. Your employer's responsibility is to train you to recognize and avoid job site-specific hazards that can cause occupational injury and illness. Your employers must create Job Hazard Analyses and prepare you for the work you perform.
NYC SST courses are provided in partnership with 360training. Provider ID Number: 4T02
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]
- Why we do job hazard analyses (JHAs)
- Health & safety programs
- Creating a job hazard analysis
- Hierarchy of controls – good, better, best
- What happens after the job hazard analysis?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how Job Hazard Analysis fits into the evolution of workplace safety.
- Recognize common hazards as well as the elements of effective Health and Safety Programs.
- Properly conduct a Job Hazard Analysis.
- Discuss a hazard control approach that uses the Hierarchy of Controls.
- Identify how job hazard analysis should be part of an effective health & safety program.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.