SST 1-Hour Asbestos/Lead Awareness
Learn about the dangers of asbestos and lead and discover how to prevent exposure with this online course. Enroll now to earn SST card credit! This course is provided through 360training, an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings. Provider ID Number: 4T02
- New York City Site Safety Compliant - Approval: #SST-B201
- Fulfills 2 hour of SST card credit
- Dynamic, engaging learning experience
- Flexible format, learn at your own pace
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Discover the historical use of asbestos and lead in various structures before their harmful effects were recognized. Construction workers, especially those involved in demolition and renovation, face heightened risks of exposure.
This course delves into the properties, risks, and protective measures related to asbestos and lead. Learn how materials and activities can pose risks and explore ways to shield yourself from exposure.
Workplace exposure to asbestos and lead extends beyond your shift, potentially affecting family members. Contaminated clothes, skin, and tools can transmit hazards to personal spaces. Understanding asbestos and lead hygiene is crucial for personal safety and the well-being of loved ones.
You will earn 1 hour of specialized elective credit for your Site Safety Training (SST) card upon completion of this course.
Upon completing lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a minimum 75% score, receive an immediate certificate of completion.
Note that THIS TRAINING IS AWARENESS-LEVEL ONLY and solely contributes to SST card requirements.
For legal and safe identification, maintenance, or removal of asbestos or lead, completion of U.S. EPA-approved training and obtaining state- and city-specific licenses is mandatory. Non-compliance may result in fines or potential legal consequences.
NYC SST courses are provided in partnership with 360training. Provider ID Number: 4T02
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]
- What is Asbestos?
- How does Asbestos affect the Human Body?
- Where can Asbestos be Found?
- How to Avoid Exposure to Asbestos?
- What is Lead?
- How does Lead affect the Human Body?
- Where can Lead be Found?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define terms associated with asbestos and lead in the workplace.
- Recognize where asbestos and lead containign materials may be found in the construction industry.
- Describe the health effects of exposure to asbestos and lead in the workplace.
- Become aware of administrative safety requirements associated with asbestos and lead in the workplace.
- Make informed decisions and be able to avoid health hazards associated with asbestos and lead.
- List the steps to take when encoutering asbestos containing materials (ACM) and lead-based paint (LPB) on the worksite.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.