New York Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Employees
Understand how to identify and prevent workplace harassment with our comprehensive, online course. Covers NY-specific laws, discrimination types, and more.
- Designed for NYC employees
- Get 24/7 access to your online course
- Cutting-edge, dynamic course design
- Includes interactive games and quizzes
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Workplace harassment refers to unwelcome and inappropriate behavior that happens in a professional setting. This can include various forms of misconduct, such as unwanted advances, comments, gestures, or any other verbal or physical conduct that creates an uncomfortable or hostile environment for the victim. It encompasses a wide range of behaviors, from subtle forms of discrimination to explicit acts of coercion. Creating awareness, implementing preventive measures, and addressing instances of workplace harassment can help create a safer work environment. Many jurisdictions, including New York City, have specific regulations and training requirements to combat and prevent workplace sexual harassment.
This New York Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Employees covers misconceptions about sexual harassment and effective ways to address such situations. The topics include quid pro quo sexual harassment, hostile environments, and creating a harassment policy to reduce occurrences. The course also explores workplace discrimination, presenting the eight types, and delves into the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the rights of individuals with disabilities. Participants will learn about ADA-defined disabilities, various types, and when accommodations should be provided for disabled employees.
- Creating Effective Company Policies
- Handling Sexual Harassment Claims
- Understanding Quid Pro Quo Harassment
- Navigating Hostile Work Environments
- Addressing Workplace Discrimination
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
- Ensuring Inclusive Work Practices
- Interview Strategies for Diverse Candidates
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create company policies that explain the rules and guidelines addressing sexual harassment.
- Manage and respond to sexual harassment claims promptly and effectively.
- Understand the concept of quid pro quo sexual harassment.
- Adress and mitigate hostile work environments.
- Understand the eight different types of discrimination.
- Define the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Develop strategies for hiring high-quality, diverse employees.
- Gain practical interview strategies to use when interacting with diverse candidates.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.