Managing Safety and Health
Gain the knowledge and skills to manage safety and health in the workplace. Enroll today!
- Finish the course in just 2 hours
- Earn 0.2 CEUs upon finishing course
- Designed for any general industry and construction employee with some safety responsibility
- Engaging exercises and assessments
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
All levels of an organization, from the top management team through the entire organization of the work force, should actively participate in their Safety and Health Program. The priorities in a good Safety and Health culture include positive attitudes, safe behaviors, accountability, and continuous improvement. The resulting benefits of this type of safety culture can be seen in fewer risky behaviors, reduced numbers of accidents and incidents, better protection for employees? health and safety, and an improved financial bottom-line.
This course is intended for any general industry and construction employee with some safety responsibility.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the direct and indirect costs of accidents in the workplace, the direct and indirect benefits of accident prevention, and the basic elements and benefits of a strong safety and health culture
- Recognize the actions supervisors and employees take to contribute to a safe and healthy workplace and recognize the steps involved in a worksite analysis
- Outline the methods for controlling and preventing hazards, and evaluating a good safety and health program
- Identify how training, positive attitudes toward safety, and strategic planning contribute to a safe and healthy workplace.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.