Lockout Tagout (LOTO)
This in-depth training will teach you how to identify hazardous energy sources, apply appropriate energy-isolating devices, and implement effective lockout/tagout procedures. Enroll today!
- In-depth coverage of OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.147 regulations
- Complete the course in just one hour
- Earn 0.1 CEUs upon course completion
- Tailor-made for authorized employees who perform lockout/tagout operations
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Locking and/or tagging out equipment is essential because it protects employees from unexpected start up while service work is being performed. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issued 3,279 citations and $3,217,970 in lockout/tagout violation fines in 1999, making it the second most frequently cited topic. Employees need to know why, when, and how they must comply with Lockout/Tagout requirements. This course provides instruction in awareness, lockout/tagout devices, standard lockout/tagout procedures, and special lockout/tagout procedures. Note: Some states have regulations that supplement the OSHA standard. To be sure you meet any additional lockout/tagout requirements, check your state's laws.
This course is intended for authorized employees who perform lockout/tagout operations. The course also provides an overview of safety procedures for affected and other employees.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the regulatory standards that govern the control of hazardous energy
- Identify hazardous energy sources and use appropriate energy-isolating devices
- Describe the procedures for conducting a lockout/tagout
- Identify special lockout/tagout circumstances and procedures.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.