Equip your team with essential knowledge to identify lead hazards, understand regulatory requirements, and implement effective protection measures. Covers OSHA Lead Awareness Training for 29 CFR 1910 General Industry and 29 CFR 1915 Shipyard Industry.
- Meets the objectives for OSHA guidelines
- Finish the course in 2 hours
- Access your course 24/7, from any device
- Includes printable completion certificate
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
The primary objectives of our Lead Awareness for General Industry course are to educate students about the dangers associated with lead, the industries and locations where lead exposure is prevalent, and the methods to safeguard themselves from lead exposure.
This course is suitable for both initial training and as an annual refresher course. It covers various aspects related to lead exposure in general industry, including activities like brake and clutch repair, custodial work, and manufacturing of lead-containing products.
OSHA Standard for General Industry, Subpart Z, Toxic and Hazardous Substances
This course will introduce students to the Occupational Safety and Health Standard for General Industry, Subpart Z, Toxic and Hazardous Substances - 29 CFR 1910.1025.
DOT 29 CFR 1915.1025 Shipyard Industry
It is important to note that the requirements for shipyard employment under 29 CFR 1915.1025 are identical to those outlined in 29 CFR 1910.1025, making this training course applicable to the Shipyard Industry as well.
NOTE: Lead Awareness training must be completed annually in accordance with OSHA Regulations.
This course is not intended for individuals working in the construction industry or those involved in renovating sites containing lead, sampling lead dust, or abate lead in the workplace.
The course is designed to provide a thorough understanding of lead hazards, risks, and regulatory requirements as outlined by OSHA.
- It specifically focuses on the OSHA Standard for General Industry found in Subpart Z, Toxic and Hazardous Substances, under 29 CFR 1910.1025.
- Since the requirements for shipyard employment align with those of general industry, this training is also applicable to the Shipyard Industry.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and recognize lead;
- Describe the uses of lead;
- Understand the definitions and the hazards associated with lead and lead exposure;
- Explain how workers are exposed to lead;
- Describe the health effects of lead exposure;
- Identify and describe OSHA methods of compliance to prevent lead exposure; and
- Explain how workers and employers can avoid lead hazards.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Courses available 24/7 on any device
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.