Hours of Service for Passenger-Carrying CMV Drivers
This online course delves into key regulations, exceptions, and proper Record of Duty Status (RODS) preparation, ensuring drivers are well-versed in compliance and safety. Register now!
- Detailed review of FMCSR - 49 CFR 395
- Created in conjunction with DOT TSI experts
- Finish training in 2 hours
- 0.2 CEUs awarded after course completion
- Designed for CMV drivers required to keep a Record of Duty Status
100% Online At Your Own Pace
In compliance with FMCSA 49 CFR regulations
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
This course covers the regulations in Part 395 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs): Hours of Service of Drivers by addressing key terms, the maximum driving time rules and their exceptions, the circumstances under which a driver may be placed Out-of-Service (OOS), and the requirements for the record of duty status (RODS), also known as the driver's daily log. The course focuses on what the passenger-carrying commercial motor vehicle (CMV) driver needs to know to comply with the regulations, and provides practice in filling out the Record of Duty Status.
This course covers the regulations in effect as of July 2013.
This course is intended for all passenger-carrying commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers who are required to keep a Record of Duty Status.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the goals of the Hours of Service (HOS) regulations in 49 CFR 395 and define key terms related to HOS
- Recognize the maximum driving times allowed for passenger-carrying CMV drivers and the Out-of-Service criteria for violations of the maximum driving times
- Identify the exceptions to the maximum driving time rules, including exceptions for special categories of drivers, drivers in special situations, and drivers using a sleeper berth
- Recognize the required contents of the Record of Duty Status (RODS), the Out-of-Service violations of the RODS, and be able to correctly prepare your own RODS.
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.