Learn OSHA regulations, types of hearing protection, monitoring, training, and more. Equip yourself with the knowledge to protect your hearing and stay compliant by enrolling today!
- Detailed overview of OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.95
- Takes just 1 hour to complete
- Earn 0.1 CEUs upon course completion
- Tailor-made for all employees potentially exposed to harmful noise levels
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Noise, or unwanted sound, is one of the most pervasive occupational health problems. It is a by-product of many industrial processes. Exposure to high levels of noise causes hearing loss and may cause other harmful health effects as well. OSHA's hearing conservation program has been designed to protect workers with significant occupational noise exposures from suffering material hearing impairment. This course teaches basic hearing conservation measures and standards for employees and managers. Main topics include OSHA regulations, types of hearing protection, monitoring/testing and calibration, training requirements, record keeping, and noise level control.
This course is intended for all employees potentially exposed to harmful noise levels.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the functioning of the ear, how it is affected by noise, and ways to control noise in the workplace
- Explain the elements of OSHA Regulation 1910.95, including training, monitoring, testing, and recordkeeping requirements
- Select and use proper hearing protection whenever excessive noise is encountered
- Describe the elements of a noise monitoring program
- Explain the components of audiometric testing and describe the audiogram and its uses.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.