FMCSR Motor Carrier Compliance: General Cargo Securement
Ensure compliance with 49 CFR 393 Subpart I and 49 CFR 392.9. Learn to safeguard cargo, prevent accidents, and stay in compliance on the road – enroll now!
- Detailed coverage of FMCSR - 49 CFR 393 Subpart I and FMCSR - 49 CFR 392.9
- Finish the course in under an hour
- Earn 0.1 CEUs after completing course
- Designed for all CMV drivers
100% Online At Your Own Pace
In compliance with FMCSA 49 CFR regulations
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
When cargo is transported on the highway, the cargo must be securely placed on or in the vehicle. Loose or falling cargo causes accidents - sometimes severe accidents. Drivers need to make sure their cargo is secure.
This course provides details on the general cargo securement rules in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs), including the driver's responsibilities for cargo securement, the components of a cargo securement system, and ways to safely secure cargo.
The content in this course covers general commodities. Rules for specific commodities are covered in other course titles.
This course is intended for all CMV drivers.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Secure cargo on or in a CMV in a manner that complies with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, specifically 49 CFR 393 Subpart I - Protection Against Shifting and Falling Cargo and 49 CFR 392.9 - Inspection of Cargo, Cargo Securement Devices, and Systems.
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.