Flammable and Combustible Liquids
This training covers regulations, safe storage, and usage of flammable and combustible liquids. Essential for all working with these materials. Sign up now!
- Detailed overview of OSHA regulations
- Short, simple 1-hour course
- 0.1 CEUs awarded upon course completion
- Custom made for those handling flammable liquids
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Flammable and combustible liquids present a significant danger in the workplace. When stored or used improperly, these liquids can cause significant property destruction, worker injuries, and even fatalities. OSHA provides rules on the safe storage and use of flammable and combustible liquids to help minimize the dangers the liquids impose in the workplace.
The bulk of the OSHA regulations on flammable and combustible liquids are included in OSHA's General Industry regulations, 49 CFR 1910, in Subpart H, Hazardous Materials. Additional rules are found in the OSHA regulations covering the Construction Industry, 49 CFR 1926, Subpart F, Fire Protection. This course focuses on the General Industry Standard, but the relevant fire protection regulations from the Construction Standard are included here, too.
This course is appropriate for anyone who works around or with flammable and combustible liquids.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- List the rules and definitions for flammable and combustible liquids, including the rules for safely storing these liquids and the rules for using the liquids in spray finishing and dipping and coating operations
- Match safety rules for flammable and combustible liquids with specific workplace settings, including industrial plants, bulk plants, service stations, processing plants, refineries, chemical plants, and distilleries.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.