Uncover OSHA regulations, soil analysis techniques, and protective measures to keep workers safe. Sign up now!
- Comprehensive overview of OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P
- Complete the course in just 1 hour
- Designed for construction workers and supervisors who work in and around trenches and excavations
- Earn 0.1 CEU upon successful course completion
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Each year in the United States, an estimated 100 deaths occur and over 1,000 workers are injured in excavation accidents. This course describes the OSHA standards and safety aspects of excavation and trenching operations as performed in the construction industry. Students are introduced to the mechanics of cave-ins and how to perform soil analysis to classify soil. The student will learn how to protect workers through the use of shoring, shielding, or sloping operations as well as special situations that arise in field environments.
This course is intended for construction workers and supervisors who work in and around trenches and excavations.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Understand excavation dangers and the OSHA regulations devised to help keep workers safe
- Identify three types of soil using manual and visual soil tests
- Explain the dynamics of a cave-in and identify three methods which protect workers from trench collapse
- Demonstrate awareness of special circumstances surrounding excavations and the role of key workers in an excavation.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.