Ergonomics in the Office
Learn to identify, prevent, and alleviate musculoskeletal disorders with practical insights and techniques. Elevate your workplace comfort and well-being by signing up today!
- In-depth overview of the General Duty Clause of the OSH Act
- Covers ergonomic awareness, workplace risk factors, and more
- Finish course in just 1 hour
- Created specifically for office workers
- Achieve 0.1 CEU upon successful course completion
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) result when there is a mismatch between the physical capacity of workers and the physical demands of their jobs. Each year 1.8 million workers in the United States report work-related MSDs such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and back injuries. About 600,000 MSDs are serious enough to result in workers having to take time off work to recover. The solution to these injuries lies with ergonomics, the science of fitting the job to the worker. This course may help reduce the number and severity of MSDs caused by exposure to risk factors in the workplace. Designed for office workers, this course teaches workers methods to reduce the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries. Main topics include ergonomic awareness, workplace risk factors, and how to reduce those factors in an office setting.
This course is intended for all office employees.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) and recognize the office activities that lead to these disorders
- Use an awareness of ergonomics to set up a workstation to minimize MSDs
- Use an awareness of ergonomics to minimize injuries while working in awkward postures or doing repetitive tasks
- Employ stretching techniques, physical exercise, and an ergonomic program to minimize MSDs.
In order to successfully complete this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required laboratory exercises.
- Successfully complete all lesson exams.
- Complete the end-of-course survey.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.