Understand the importance of ergonomics in preventing work-related musculoskeletal disorders. Register now!
- Follows General Duty Clause of the OSH Act
- Quick and easy 1-hour course
- Receive 0.1 CEUs upon course completion
- Made for all construction employees
100% Online At Your Own Pace
Developed by Certified Safety Experts
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
Construction work is physically demanding. Workers often need to lift, stoop, bend, kneel, twist, stretch, and repeatedly perform other physically awkward tasks. Constantly pushing the body past its natural limits can lead to work-related musculoskeletal disorders. This is why ergonomics plays such an important role in preventing injuries on-the-job.
This course explains the role ergonomics should play in maintaining safety at a construction work site. This includes identifying the types and causes of work-related musculoskeletal disorders and explaining the tools, equipment, and work practices employees can use to prevent them.
All construction employees.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the role ergonomics plays in helping construction workers avoid work-related musculoskeletal disorders through identifying and avoiding risk factors
- Identify how to avoid on-the-job injury for hand-intensive work, overhead and floor work, and manual materials handling.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Courses available 24/7 on any device
At your own pace, save progress as you go
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.