Drug and Alcohol Reasonable Suspicion Training for Management
Developed with DOT experts, this course covers FMCSR regulations, including indicators and testing procedures for recognizing alcohol and drug misuse. Essential for all driver supervisors and designated personnel to ensure compliance with 49 CFR 382.603. Get started today!
- Developed with DOT TSI experts
- Aligns with FMCSR - 49 CFR 382.603 requirements
- Complete your training in just 2 hours
- Obtain 0.2 CEUs upon finishing course
- Customized for supervisors overseeing drivers
100% Online At Your Own Pace
In compliance with FMCSA 49 CFR regulations
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
This course, developed in conjunction with the experts from the Transportation Safety Institute (TSI) of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), provides training in recognizing alcohol misuse and drug use by CMV drivers. Anyone with reasonable suspicion training has the authority to order a reasonable suspicion drug or alcohol test for a driver under certain conditions.
This course covers the regulations related to reasonable suspicion testing, including the procedure for ordering the test. This course also presents the physical, behavioral, speech, and performance indicators that could indicate drug use or alcohol misuse, and therefore trigger a reasonable suspicion test.
According to 49 CFR 382.603, all persons designated to supervise drivers should receive this training. In practice, this training is for all driver supervisors plus anyone else the motor carrier wants trained.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- State the purpose of the reasonable suspicion test, the rules regarding who can order the test, and the steps involved in the testing process
- Recognize the physical, behavioral, speech, and performance indicators that would trigger an order for a reasonable suspicion test for alcohol misuse
- Recognize the physical, behavioral, speech, and performance indicators that would trigger an order for a reasonable suspicion test for drug use
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Who Should Take the Training?
Driver supervisors and designated personnel
Course Available 24/7
FMCSR - 49 CFR 382.603 requirements
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.