DOT Hazardous Materials General Awareness
Learn everything you need to know about DOT Hazardous Materials regulations. Covering packaging, labeling, and security, this course is ideal for new employees or refresher training. Enroll now for compliance and safety!
- In-depth overview of FMCSR - 49 CFR 171, 172, 173, 178 Regulations
- Covers new requirements designed to enhance the safety of hazardous materials
- Finish course in just 1 hour
- Created for all employees involved in the transport of hazardous materials
- Achieve 0.1 CEU upon successful course completion
100% Online At Your Own Pace
In compliance with FMCSA 49 CFR regulations
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
This course provides general awareness training covering the basic requirements of the DOT, including the definition of hazardous materials.
Students will become familiar with the DOT hazardous materials regulations related to packaging, marking, labeling, and shipping papers. This course also covers the new requirements designed to enhance the safety of hazardous materials, per the March 25, 2003 DOT final rule, Hazardous Materials: Security Requirements for Offerors and Transporters of Hazardous Materials. This course can be used for either new employees or as refresher training.
This course is intended for all employees involved in the transport of hazardous materials.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the function and importance of packaging, package labels, package marking, shipping papers, and vehicle placards
- Identify the nine hazmat classes and their divisions
- Explain the DOT rules for using the proper shipping names and the Hazmat Table
- Recognize the security risks associated with hazardous materials transportation and list ways to minimize those risks.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Course Available 24/7
Support available by email, phone, or chat
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.