Accident Prevention and Countermeasures for Management
Get trained on FMCSA - 49 CFR 383, 385, 391, 392, and 395 regulations. This course focuses on the Accident Preventability Evaluations section of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Accident Countermeasures Manual.
- Created with DOT TSI experts
- Complete the course in just one hour
- Achieve 0.1 CEU Credits upon finishing course
- Designed for all motor carrier safety compliance personnel
100% Online At Your Own Pace
In compliance with FMCSA 49 CFR regulations
Certificate Upon Completion
Interactive and Engaging
About This Course s-mod-info
This course, developed in conjunction with the experts at the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) Transportation Safety Institute (TSI), covers the Accident Preventability Evaluations portion of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Accident Countermeasures Manual.
Reduced accident rates translate into lower insurance costs, less lost time by drivers, lower repair costs, and safer highways for everyone. Establishing and employing a company standard for safe driving will help reduce accident rates.
This course is intended for all motor carrier safety compliance personnel.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize steps motor carriers can take to increase fleet safety, including setting up a fleet safety program, designating a safe driving standard, using the DQ Standard to improve driver safety, and planning trips for drivers at the dispatch level
- Identify methods motor carriers can use to increase driver safety, including incentives for safe driving, punishments for unsafe driving, managing drivers who are drinking, taking drugs, or suffering from illness or fatigue, and improving communication between management and drivers.
AdvanceOnline is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes the quality of continuing education and training.